Maps & Demographics
The GIS Team of Technology Services maintains interactive maps, that includes information on Homeowners Associations, Zoning, Community Investment Program (CIP) Projects and Multi-family Inspection Scores, Facilities, Garbage and Bulky Waste Pickup, Lost and Found Animals, Development Project Information, Monumentation Map, Non-Residential Subdivisions Map, Residential Subdivision Map, and the Zoning Wall Map.
The Planning Department collects and analyzes demographic, physical, social, and economic data regarding the City of Plano. All figures below are based on the U.S Census and the most recent data from the American Community Survey.
View the Census Data Opens a New Window. for Plano.
Data by Census Tract (2015 ACS)
American Community Survey (ACS)
Each year the U.S Census Bureau surveys a small sample of households in Plano to produce estimates of age, race, education, income, poverty and other important demographic and social characteristics.
Plano’s population as of January 1, 2018 - 281,390
- 2016 American Community Survey Results Opens a New Window.
- 2010 Census and 2010 ACS 1 year estimate data Opens a New Window.
- Population Growth Opens a New Window.
- 2000 and 2010 Census Comparison Opens a New Window.
Other Resources for Demographics
- U.S Census Bureau Opens a New Window.
- American Community Survey Opens a New Window.
- Texas State Data Center Opens a New Window.
- North Central Texas Council of Government Demographic Data for North Central Texas Opens a New Window.
Contact Steve Sims Opens a New Window. with the City of Plano Planning Department if you have questions about local data.